SLIDER

The Favourites: January Favourites

Sunday 2 February 2014

Oh January, I'm so glad you're over. The first month of this year has flown by yet again, and hopefully will be taking the dreadful weather with it! There hasn't been much I've been loving beauty wise this month, but these bits made the cut, despite my many pyjama and no make-up days!

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette: I'm sure everyone in the beauty blogosphere is sick to death of hearing about Urban Decay's latest 'naked' offering, but it's so pretty and I've used it every time I've graced my face with make up this month. Perfect pigmentation and textures, beautiful rose-goldy toned shades and stunning packaging - whats not to love?

Bumble and Bumble Shine Finishing Spray: January usually brings a month of miserable weather and lack of sunshine, and my hair knows it. It loses all of its shine and body, and is in need of a general 'pick me up'. A couple of sprinkles Bumble and Bumble's shine spray works like magic to transform my hair into a silky and glossy mane worthy of a 'you're worth it' head shake. It also smells great!

Body Shop Shimmer Wave: When I was fist given this by my auntie, I wasn't sure about the concept of a shimmery blush/bronzer duo, worried that it may leave me looking like a disco ball. But teamed with a light hand, and my Real Techniques Stippling Brush, this blush creates a glowy, light effect, perfect to brighten up the dull January days. The lightest colour in the palette also acts as a subtle but brightening highlighter, which I adore! I'm thinking of adding the other two shades to my collection - it can't hurt right?

Nails Inc Porchester Square: Ahh porchester square - long time no see old friend. This shade has always been a favourite of mine, as it has most beauty bloggers, but with newbies in my ever growing polish collection taking first pick, it hadn't seen the light of day in quite a while. Thats until I was bought another bottle for christmas, which led to a 'I love this colour what is it? Oh of course its PS, I'm sure I have an old bottle somewhere' moment. The ideal shade for everyday use, with the perfect finish and a good five days chip resistance before even the slightest crack, I have worn this for the majority of the last month. Perfection in a bottle. 

Read of the Month: What Would Audrey Do? by Pamela Keogh. Anything about Audrey always gets a big thumbs up from me, so a book dedicated to behaving like the style icon? I'm sold. 

Love
Meg xx


No comments :

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design