SLIDER

The Product: Mix and Match Foundations

Sunday 9 February 2014

For me, and I think most women out there, finding the perfect base is the hardest part of wearing make up. Being an avid make up shopper and product tester I have had my fair share of foundation fiascos, be it buying the wrong colour, loving a formula that breaks me out, or just finding one that hates my skin type. 

I have combination-oily skin, but I love dewy finishes. This reckons quite the dilemma in terms of what I want my skin to suit, and what it actually suits. Now, when in the summer, during a breakout battle, I headed over to the Clarins counter and asked for my perfect foundation, they matched me up, and I walked away perfectly happy with the Clarins Ever Matte Foundation. But while I loved the formula and lasting time, I wasn't massively fond of the finish. Ever had a product that does it for you 90% of the way and then falls at the last hurdle? Yeah, that was me with this. Enter Rimmel's Wake Me Up Foundation - favourite in the bbloggers industry and also a firm favourite of mine. The underlying subtle glow of this foundation is lovely, and yet the coverage of this on its own just wasn't quite doing it for me. 

So one bright day, I had the ridiculous idea of mixing them together. And what happened was magic. Well not quite, but you get where I'm coming from. The result was a perfect balance between a lasting matte finish with a dewy element that had perfect coverage without the heaviness of the Clarins offering on its own. 

Who knew that mixing two of my 'almost' favourite foundations would result in a product worthy of its own bottle? Only downside - now I have to purchase twice as much foundation when I run out - bummer. 

Anyone else ever tried mixing two foundations together?

Love 
Meg xx


No comments :

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design