SLIDER

The Notes: Neutral Nails

Saturday 22 February 2014

I wouldn't say that I've always been a lover of nude-y nails. I'm more of a fan of a strong red or Essie's Mint Candy Apple, but lately I've been having a love affair with many a basic colour. From greys to pinks to an actual nude, these natural shades have been on rotation on my tips these past few weeks.

My favourite pick has to be Nails Inc Porchester Square. This polish featured heavily in my January Beauty Favourites, and did me proud when I went for a job interview the other day. Perfect formula, great natural and sophisticated shade, and awesome longevity. Definitely making its way up the MC chart for best ever polish.

Next up is a similar shade, from a favourite brand of mine - OPI's nail lacquer in Berlin There Done That. Another grey toned neutral colour, with just as great lasting time, but with a hint of taupe in there to spice things up a bit. Great to throw on for work or an evening out.

Another natural OPI love of mine is Tickle my France-y. This one is a slightly more pinky-toned neutral shade, but still with that lovely subtlety and sophistication that can only come from an unfussy, not-in-your-face colour. This is the one I reach for when I'm not in the mood for anything on my tips, or I can't decide which polish I want for the week.

Essie's offering is next, in the shade Chinchilly. Essie have many great neutral shades to choose from, but I went for something more taupe-y, to silence my more colourful side, which was begging me to hit up yet another red. Another great one for a classy look, perfect for work, and as with all Essie polishes, a cracking formula.

Last up in the neutral nails is the Max Factor Glossfinity in Desert Sand. The perfect barely-there shade, with a high gloss finish and unostentatious result. This is a great one for those who hate bright colours, or really any colour at all. A your nails but better colour, which can be built up for the perfect nude, the formula for this polish is beaut. I'm yet to try any other shades in this range, but I'm pretty impressed with the 4 days I went chip-free with this on last week.

So thats the neutral shades that have been top of my collection lately. Any that I'm missing that need to make their way into my collection?

Love
Meg xx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design