SLIDER

The Notes: Valentines Make Up

Friday 14 February 2014



Valentines day. You either love it or you hate it. I for one, a longtime singleton, love chilling with my besties for an evening of pampering, Breakfast at Tiffany's and an unhealthy helping from our favourite men Ben and Jerry.  

But if I do ever decide to brave the rose-tinted frenzy outside, I like to try and rise to the occasion by donning a typically romantic valentines style get up. Whenever I think of the day of love, I always imagine it as a chance to be as girly and cute as possible - cue suitably delicate make up, with a fair amount of pink and shimmer. I also like to keep it pretty simple, but easy to add to, incase of any impromptu girly trips to the cinema in the evening! I tend to go for a light base, using Benefit's Hello Flawless Foundation over the top of their Porefessional primer, with a dash of Bourjois' java rice powder for that added shimmer. I love this powder teamed with Mac's blush in Well Dressed. It creates a lovely naturally pink glow to the cheeks without being too overpowering. 

For the eyes you can always step it up a bit, and I went for fun, flirty eyes with the new Naked 3 Palette from Urban Decay. Sticking mainly to the left side of the palette, I used a combination of 'Burnout' blended with 'Limit' and then a tiny dab of 'Darkside' to line my lash line. A few coats of the Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara, a smack of Estee Lauder's Shine Gloss in Brazen Berry and voila. 

What's your favourite look for valentines day?

Love
Meg xx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design