SLIDER

The Notes: Conquering that Cold

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Its that time of the year again. During the winter you are guaranteed to come down with at least one wretched cold. I had mine last week, and its never a pleasant experience! I've compiled a list of the things that helped me survive the sniffles, puffy eyes and dry skin. 

Carmex Lipbalm: Whenever I have a cold, and actually throughout the majority of winter anyway, my lips become dry and cracked, which is mega uncomfortable. However, Carmex seems to work for me - it tingles as it is applied, which is how I feel it working. It keeps my lips moisturised and soft for a good hour or two before I need a top-up!

Olbas Oil: This stuff is amazing. A few droplets on a tissue, sniffed a few times, and all of that blocked up pain is eliminated. A pack of tissues might be necessary here though - it causes a major run of the nose situation, but its worth it to be able to breathe again afterwards!

Simple Moisturiser: Just like my lips, my skin too tends to dry up whenever I have a cold, especially around the nose area. I use Simple's light moisturiser morning and night, and whenever it needs an injection of moisture during the day to keep the flaky skin at bay!

Benefit You Rebel Light: Continuing on the moisturising theme, if I need to go out anywhere, or have to battle through and head to work, I use a light tinted moisturiser, like Benefits You Rebel Light, to keep my skin hydrated whilst removing any dreaded red patches caused by the lurgy residing in my body. 

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer: Sleepless nights are a given when it comes to a bad cold. Too much sniffing and a headache means that any chance of getting the full 8 hours is out of the question. So to combat those unflattering under eye bags, I use my ring finger to gently pat some of Bobbi Brown's creamy concealer under my eye. It instantly hides those bags and brightens my face!

Benefit Eye Bright: This also comes in handy when tackling red, puffy tired eyes. A delicate helping of this along my waterline helps to open up and brighten my eyes, keeping you looking more awake than achoo. 

Finally, a good dose of vitamin C during a cold will help fight those nasty germs faster. I usually up my intake from 1000g to 2000g when I'm under the weather, to help boost my immune system and get me up and running again!

What do you guys use to combat a cold?

Love
Meg xx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design