SLIDER

The Notes: Tools of the Trade

Saturday 25 January 2014

With all the new make up and beauty releases, it is easy to forget the everyday tools that we reach for to enhance our look. So I thought I would share the everyday tools that I use when doing my face for the day.

A must have in every make up junkies collection is a decent pair of eyelash curlers. I'm currently using the Body Shop ones, although I'm debating on whether to invest in a pair of Shu Uemura's legendary curlers. Anyway, a couple of pumps of these before I apply my mascara and my lashes have a nice curl that lasts all day! Little tip: if you warm them up before use it helps keep the curl in that bit longer! Another essential is a decent pair of tweezers. Whether you wax, thread or sugar, tweezers will help keep those strays that appear in between appointments in check! Also, they make applying falsies that much easier!

I always like to have a compact mirror on hand when putting my face on in the mornings, especially when it comes to mascara, as it just helps me to see more clearly. Those with a magnified side are a bonus for getting those lashes perfect! Cotton buds are also a necessity here, for the general tidy up after eyeliner application (it never goes right!) and to smudge out shadow for an even smokier look.

I also like to keep make up sharpeners close by, for lip pencils, eyeliners and the like. I have to have a sharp eyeliner pencil to get the line as neat as possible - otherwise, the panda look makes an unwelcome appearance! I have two sizes, a large Body Shop sharpener for bigger pencils, and a small Bobbi Brown one for thinner ones. My last dressing table essential tool is a nail file. Always great to keep on hand for those accidental chips and snags - I usually have a few lurking in my brush holder for emergency use!


So there we have it! My daily tool kit for emergencies, accidents and any disastrous eventuality!
Any essential tools I've missed that I need?

Love
Meg xx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design