SLIDER

The Notes: Nail S.O.S

Monday 6 January 2014



Its that time of year again! After a month of partying hard and sleepless nights its not just our skin and eyes that are suffering! Every Christmas and New Year I tend to go all out with my nails, whether it be extreme glitters or dubbing my tips with falsies. Either way, by January whats underneath the polish is suffering. 



So, with that in mind, here are my nail saviours that will hopefully leave your fingers dazzling in the January sunlight (or rain). 



First things first, I want to get off whatever it is that has left me in need of a nail SOS. So I use the OPI Polish Remover to whip off any leftover polish. Its doesn't dry my nails out, and leaves them feeling clean and fresh. I then file them down to my desired shape and length to keep them all healthy! At this point I'm usually glancing down at my hands and grimacing at the state of my cuticles. I have three saviours in the line up here, my favourite being the Sally Hansen 'Healthy Cuticles Now!'. Just a quick massage of this into my cuticles and all the excess is gone, leaving a softer easier nail bed behind. Avon's offering also does the trick, with a doe foot applicator to help push cuticles back gently. They have discontinued it (isn't that always the way) but I hear that their Nail Experts Cuticle Conditioner does the trick! Another good'un is OPI's Avoplex Nail and Cuticle Replenishing Oil which contains avocado oils to nourish and pamper dry cuticles. 



Now comes the real rescue. I swish on two coats of the infamous OPI Original Nail Envy and let it dry completely before smothering my hands in Soap and Glory's Hand Food. I'm yet to try a nail base that strengthens my nails and helps them grow like Nail Envy. Adding on another coat each day for a week helps keep those tips in tip top shape. I also love it as a chip resistant top coat on top of my favourite colour!



What are your nail saviours? Let me know in the comments below!

Love 
Meg xx


No comments :

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design