SLIDER

The Notes: Evening Skincare Salute

Sunday 12 January 2014


As a make up and beauty lover, I am just as interested in skincare. Its true what they say - good skin is the basis of flawless make up! I am a firm believer that your skin and your smile are your best accessories, which is why I am so chuffed to have finally perfected my own skincare regime!

This has taken me near on a year to get right, after trialling many a cleanser and toner, from drugstore bargains to high end, all of which claim to give you the skin you have always dreamt of. I feel I now have a basic regime with a mix of price tagged products that gives me just that!

I start off with removing any make up with the L'OrĂ©al Paris Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution (wow thats a bit of a mouthful), a beauty blogger fave and dupe for the infamous BioDerma. This stuff is great for dissolving away any mascaras that are hard to budge (Benefit They're Real I'm looking at you). Just holding gently over the eyelid for 30 seconds gets rid of any toughies in an instant. I then move on to a Clarins duo - the Cleansing Milk and Toner for oily-combination skin. I cannot rave about this pair enough, they perfectly compliment each other and the milky texture of the cleanser leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated. I've also discovered that you can pick these babies up in a twin set for a great deal cheaper! Woop woop! Following the standard skincare mantra of 'cleanse, tone and moisturise' I whip out my Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser, which leaves my skin silky and soft in an instant. Its fast drying too, so I'm not waiting around forever feeling all slimy! Always a bonus! Its at this point that if I have any pesky blemishes I dab on the tiniest amount of Origins Super Spot Remover - seriously a holy grail product that rids me of any spots literally overnight! Its not an everyday product for me though, the combination of the clarions duo and moisturiser helps keep most blemishes at bay! Every weekend I change it up a bit and switch my cleanser for the Clarins Gentle Refining Exfoliating Cream to remove any dry patches that may have surfaced! 

So thats it! My evening skincare regime in a nutshell!

Love 
Meg xx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design